This private full-day tour makes it easy to explore some of Kyoto’s highlights without the risk of getting lost. In the morning, head to Arashiyama, a peaceful district in western Kyoto where you can see wild monkeys, cross the Togetsukyo Bridge, and take a stroll in the bamboo forest. In the afternoon, be amazed by the golden Kinkakuji, a must-visit attraction in Kyoto. Receive personalized attention on a private tour Ideal for first-time travelers to Kyoto Learn more about Kyoto’s history and culture at top attractions Admission fees and any public transport tickets cost extra
- Guide Fare
- Admission Fee 1,500 yen
- Food & Drink
- Public Transportation Fare about 1,200 yen
Meeting And Pickup
- Kyoto StationKyoto, Japan
Open in Google MapsKyoto Station
This activity ends back at the meeting point.
What To Expect
Monkey Park Iwatayama
A 15 minute walk from Saga Arashiyama Station, you will reach a paradise of wild Japanese macaques after climbing a slightly steep mountain path. There are about wild but friendly 120 monkeys including cute baby monkeys living in this area. You can watch them play very closely and feed them from an enclosed resting area. In addition, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the whole Kyoto city from an altitude of about 190 meters. Admission: Adult 550 yen. Children (Aged 4 to 15) 250 yen.(as of Aug,2019) 1 hour • Admission Ticket Not Included
Arashiyama is one of the most famous resorts in Japan and was once off-limits to all except the aristocrats. They enjoyed boating, watching the scenery and the moon reflected in the river and composed Japanese tanka poems about them. The elegantly curved bridge has been praised by the nobles including the Emperor for its beauty. Your heart will be healed by this scenery full of nature. 20 minutes • Admission Ticket Free
This park rich in nature is set on the other side of Arashiyama. From the park’s observatory you can enjoy the spectacular view of steep cliffs and the river flowing at the bottom of the valley. 30 minutes • Admission Ticket Free
Bamboo Forest Street
We will take a walk through the world-famous Bamboo Grove with its incredible beauty and serenity. The sky-high green bamboo pillars softly rustling in the wind are an awe-inspiring sight. 20 minutes • Admission Ticket Free
This venerated temple was built by the shogun in 1339 to appease the late Emperor’s spirit and is registered as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Its garden is one of the most famous Japanese gardens featuring a magnifient landscape with Arashiyama as its background. Admission fee is 500 yen. 30 minutes • Admission Ticket Not Included
Kinkaku-ji Temple is very well known as one of Japan’s leading tourist attractions and some may notice that the admission ticket appears in one scene in the movie “Bohemian Rhapsody”. The reflection of the Golden Pavilion in the pond with beautifully trimmed pine trees and precious rocks around it is truly something reminiscent of Buddha’s Pure land. Admission fee is 400 yen. 50 minutes • Admission Ticket Not Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Animals or pets allowed
- Infant seats unavailable
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity.
- Only your group will participate
- You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.